Monday, November 29, 2010

Snow

Serenity. Pure white, shimmering snow adorns the trees. Deer tracks are the only visible signs that something besides silence is outside. Clumps of snow fall from the pine trees every time the wind comes by. No sound just the puff of white mist as it falls to the ground. Inside the noise is deafening, the outside beckons me, shall I go?  Off into the silence I go, hat, gloves, snow boots and coat keep me warm. The crunch of the snow always makes me smile. The hill is slick, each step takes me higher and I like that. Each breath is crisp and cold and makes my nose stick together. What a funny feeling that is. No place to sit, just standing there looking down on my home. My redwood house with the green door, green shingle roof and a whisp of smoke curling its way up to heaven.  Time for a prayer for those inside my home, my son, my daughter, my husband and the 8 dogs we have chosen to care for. All of them I love with my whole soul, heart and being. My son in Kuwait, how I wish he would come home. Family each person is so important and loved dearly. I wonder if they know how much? Do I tell them enough? I wonder. Somone is calling, shall I answer or just go in?

No comments:

Post a Comment