Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In the still of the morning

Very quietly I make my way down the steps to the kitchen and put the kettle on the fire. Waiting on the counter is a tea bag and my favorite mickey mouse cup I won't let the kettle whistle as I don't want the morning spoiled by the howling of the dog downstairs. As quickly as I can I make my tea and make my way back upstairs to the office. From here I can sip my tea and watch the animals make thier way down the hill to the river. Sometimes it feels as if they know that I have a camera close by and they pose for me or they look up at the window and say a quick hello with a nod. I can honestly say that a true relationship between the deer and myself is happening.  Such beautiful animals surround me all the day long.

The morning is calling me as is the pile of split wood waiting to be stacked. So hurry up and finish your tea. Once outside the fragrance of the wet ground and grass is so refreshing, the air is so crisp it pinches my cheeks and the sound of wings pushing the wind can be heard. Isn't that the most amazing thing, that in the still of the morning you can actually hear the birds as they fly past? The first time I heard this sound was on a cold, crisp day after the snow had fallen and an eagle flew over head. It wasn't until his shadow passed over me that I realized what the sound was. Amazing!

Martha Pullen is one of my favorite people. She is a seamstress that has taken her skill and now teaches people to sew like her. I've had the good fortune to attend her school twice. Each time I come away knowing more than I did before and wishing the week of classes would not end. Lucky for me I get to go again! This time I'm going to the Smocking and Construction school, how cool is that???? This is one technique that I've wanted to learn for quite some time. Matt has given me the most perfect Valentine early. He'll never be able to top this one! I can't wait!

We'll be in Huntsville, Alabama for an entire week. 6 days of learning this sewing skill and one day we'll spend touring the area. Shiloh Battlefield is one place we plan to visit. I can't wait to see what else Matt discovers for us to see.

How many days until Sunday, February 6th?

No comments:

Post a Comment