Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Missing Turkeys

The last few days have been oddly quiet around here. Usually I'll watch the turkeys hurl themselves from the tops of the trees and fly to the clearing just in front of the house. After getting a drink of water they resume thier journey. Well last week, Cooper came down from the hill with a mouth full of feathers. Something had  happened. I asked Matt to go and check, so he followed Cooper up the hill and found the area where a turkey had been killed. The next day the same thing happened. Now my pets are kept close to home and I don't walk the property right now. The deer are missing as well.

The lady, I get my eggs from, said she had seen a bobcat at the bottom of my road. Matt has seen it as well. So we believe that the bobcat has scared the wild life away for a bit. Maybe he'll move on to better hunting grounds. With all the small children in the area I worry for thier safety.

There is a little dress waiting to be made. I'm heading down to my sewing room in a few minutes and I'm spending the day there. Last night my dreams were full of little girls  twirling in full skirt dresses. I wanted to join them.

My granddaughter Sherri wants a quilt for Christmas. I'm not sure I'll have the time to get one made.

No comments:

Post a Comment