Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Day

I often wonder why things happen that keep me from doing the things I truly want to do. Does this happen to everyone or just me. For instance, rarely does anyone ever knock on my door, no friends come to call so why do I have this overwhelming need to have a pristine home. It takes up so much of my time. Measures have been taken to make my household tasks less time consuming, like eliminating those pesky knick knacks and other dust catchers. Less is better and even nicer to look at.

Nothing seems to stay in place. The kitchen counters are a constant eyesore. Piles of mail seem to grow overnight, dishes appear out of thin air and the battle rages on. It seems my time is in a constant state of putting things away whether it's my stuff or his. It's so tiring and the frustration just builds. Why can't things be put away after it's used? How simple an answer to this major problem. Just keep it inside and avoid an argument.

My sewing room is my place of retreat. My place of relaxation and where I long to be. But it has been a good 2 months since my last visit. What will it take to return?

There is a plan about to unfold. The kinks haven't quite been worked but it starts today! From this day on the first 30 minutes of the day are going to be dedicated to putting away things left out.  No more spending the entire day picking up. It's a new day, a new year and a new beginning. It's Nancy time and I want to embroider and sew more.

So wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy New Year to me as I know no one else reads this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment